The newly installed MRC weather stations are collecting weather data at Camperdown and Noorat campuses. This data is live-fed into a worldwide platform Weather Underground and can be viewed online in real time.
Weather Underground combines data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model to give you the most accurate and hyperlocal forecasts, at a microclimate level. Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.
To access live feed data being collected by our weather stations go to the links below.
NOTE: Click on the cog in the top right corner of the screen to change to Celsius.
The data collected by the MRC weather stations has many educational purposes in a range of areas.
- Learning about and analysing weather patterns.
- Learning about weather forecasting techniques.
- Studying solar energy and other renewable energy sources.
- Learning about data analysis techniques using real data from our weather stations.
- Studying the effect weather events have on our agricultural sector.
- Looking at the UV index and its relationship to our SunSmart policy.
The data collected from the weather stations is on display at the school and serves as a great source for weather lessons and impromptu discussions.