Application Process for Staff
We thank you for your interest in a position at Mercy Regional College. In order to ensure the application process is as smooth as possible, please carefully read and consider the following information.
To be considered for positions at the College, applications must be submitted electronically via email, be received by the nominated closing time and date, and include the following documents:
- A complete application for employment form
- A cover letter, specifically addressing the criteria for success where applicable. It is important that you demonstrate clear links between these criteria and your skills, knowledge and qualifications.
- A current curriculum vitae
- A response to the Key Selection Criteria
Applications are to be addressed and forwarded to Ms Sharon Gillett, Principal.
The contact details of three professional referees must be included with your application. Written references are not required.
Timeframes for the Recruitment Process
We will usually contact those shortlisted for an interview by phone, and those not shortlisted will receive an email within four weeks of the date of application. Please note that only those shortlisted for interview will receive feedback on their application (if requested) in the event they are unsuccessful.
Interviews are usually 45-50 minutes in duration, and consist of 2-3 panel members. You will be notified at the time of scheduling as to the composition of your interview panel. At the conclusion of your interview, you will be advised as to the expected timeframe for notification of outcomes.
Successful applicants will be required to verify and submit the following prior to commencement:
- Qualifications – original or certified copies.
- 100 points of ID – original or certified copies. You will be advised as to the 100 point criteria.
- Eligibility to work in Australia – presentation of visa information and passports where required.
- VIT – teachers will need to advise of their VIT number.
- Working with Children Check – all non-teaching staff are required to hold an Employee WWCC. Employment cannot commence until a person has passed an Employee Check.
- Police Check – all non teaching staff are required to pass a police check (no more than 3 months old). A new check is required every 5 years. Employment cannot commence until a person has passed a Police Check.
In applying for a position at Mercy Regional College, you agree to the following:
- Accept the Catholic education philosophy of the College.
- Develop and maintain an adequate understanding of those aspects of Catholic teaching that touch upon each employees subject areas and other aspects of his or her work.
- By your counselling, teaching and other work, and by personal example, strive to help students to understand, accept and appreciate Catholic teaching and values.
- Comply with the accreditation policy of the CECV to teach in a Catholic school.
- Be committed to regular and ongoing professional development, and participate in an appraisal process.
- Be qualified as required by State Authorities including the VIT (teaching staff) and hold a current Working with Children check and Police Check (non-teaching staff).
- Uphold a zero tolerance attitude towards child abuse, and maintain a culture of child safety.
- Uphold a commitment to ensure cultural safety for Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- Comply with the College’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and wellbeing of children.
- That you possess the skills and abilities necessary to fulfil the relevant position.
- That you are appropriately qualified, demonstrate enthusiasm and where required, are able to provide care and support for students. In the case of teaching roles, candidates must have the ability to deliver the appropriate curriculum to a range of educational abilities whilst supporting and respecting the ethos of the College.