Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL)
As of 1 January 2021, Mercy Regional College has been governed by Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL).
DOBCEL is the company recently established by Bishop Paul Bird to become the governing body for parish schools in the Ballarat Diocese. It was established to fulfil the following objectives:
- To ensure consistency and professionalism of governance for parish schools.
- To ensure the continued pastoral ministry of priests in parish schools.
- To allow the ongoing engagement of parish and local communities.
- To ensure effective and transparent stewardship of education resources.
- To allow the Diocese of Ballarat to address Recommendation 16.6 of the Royal Commission (that parish priests are not the employers of principals and teachers in Catholic schools).
- To allow Catholic education authorities to meet the Victorian Government’s requirement for organisations that receive government funding (including schools) to be governed by incorporated legal entities.
Visit DOBCEL website